Here's some tips for people visiting friends and family in an MBU. Psychiatric hospitals can be scary, forbidding, places. But your visit is a chance to inject some normality, and can really help a mum's recovery.
- Bring healthy, fresh food! Anything from M&S works
- Make yourself at home, however weird it all seems
- Help with things like bathing baby, especially if mum can't do it alone
- Bring news from home, especially happy news
- Bring clean clothes for both her & baby
- Take them both for walk around garden
- Take some nice photos of the pair of them - they will appreciate these like gold dust later!