Saturday 1 March 2014

Here and There

It's not often I get a whole Saturday, just to myself.  Daddy and the boy are at the in-laws, and me... Well lets just say I've gone off to explore life, love and the universe.  It doesn't really matter what I'm doing, the point is I'm Here and the husband and the boy are There.

Whatever I do these days, the boy is by my side.  Shopping, eating, texting, chatting - all is done one-handed (the other is pushing a pram or picking Cheerios up off the floor) and using a maximum of 50% of my brain capacity.  Even when he is asleep, I am listening for him, thinking of him, talking about him.  

I wouldn't have it any other way, but I have been anticipating this weekend for a while now and it hasn't disappointed.  I even managed a solitary, blustery, cobweb-annihilating walk along the beach.  A walk where I could swing both arms freely, and think with nigh-on 100% of my brain. Bliss.


There isn't a point to this post, or a story.  Just a theme - the importance of spending a little time on yourself.  We can't parent our children if we forget to be ourselves.  I'm missing the boy terribly and can't wait to scoop him up in the biggest hug he's ever had. But I know today has been good for me, and his Mummy Cuddle this evening will be full of warmth, peace and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment